Kinesiology Touch for Health® (TFH)
Kinesiology recognises that a body is made up of physical, emotional, chemical and energetic elements and that any disturbance in these will cause disharmony to the individual. It can help physical, emotional and biochemical aspects of the body to work efficiently, increase clear communication between the body systems and enable the body to use its natural resources to stay healthy. It uses manual muscle bio-feedback to determine which stimuli stress the body and how that stress can be decreased. Touch for Health works with the energy, lifestyle and goals of the patient, offering a safe and effective way to maintain health, enhance well-being and upgrade performance.
Kinesiology Touch for Health is a synthesis of ancient knowledge of the Chinese acupuncture meridians and techniques derived from chiropractic, naturopathy, osteopathy. Also person-centred counselling, including acupressure, a variety of touch reflexes, meridian tracing, nutrition and a variety of mind-body techniques for balancing the subtle energies while focusing on meaningful, personal goals. Kinesiology Touch for Health® is a system of balancing posture, emotions and energy for greater comfort, vitality and enjoyment of your life. It is the most widely used system of kinesiology in the world. It is a non invasive method of natural healthcare which increases awareness, helps reduce stress and pain, improves performance and promotes health and wellbeing.
Kinesiology Touch For Health has its roots in the work of Chiropractor, George Goodheart. Dr Goodheart began using muscle testing in the 1960s to evaluate muscle strength or injury in relation to postural imbalances. It is an integration of techniques and principles from eastern and western medicine including Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic and the science of muscle movement. Dr Goodheart soon found that muscles dramatically improve function in response to a variety of touch reflexes, including acupuncture points and meridians.
How does it work? In Touch For Health we use muscle testing as a method of biofeedback to identify imbalances in the body’s energy system. Using a holistic approach we rebalance the body’s energies and activate the body’s intrinsic healing process so that the body can better heal itself, creating that sense of effortless effort, and being in the flow of life.
Everyone can benefit from Kinesiology treatment as it is non-invasive, gentle and done fully clothed. In this respect it is suitable for all ages: babies, children and elderly, as well as the those who are unwell or sick.
What can you expect from a Kinesiology Touch for Health treatment
In Touch For Health we use muscle testing as a method of biofeedback to identify imbalances in the body’s energy system. Using a holistic approach we rebalance the body’s energies and activate the body’s intrinsic healing process so that the body can better heal itself, creating that sense of effortless effort, and being in the flow of life.
Initially there is a discussion about your personal circumstances and what you would like to achieve from the session. This may be to relieve physical symptoms or to alleviate negative emotions or unhelpful patterns. During a Kinesiology session, Beatrice uses muscle testing in order to identify the best method to balance your energy. The next step is to balance your energy, using the identified method e.g. trace the acupuncture meridians, or facilitating stress release, acupressure, nutritional therapy and supplements. Any imbalances are identified and a course of action is agreed upon.
As a consequence of the balance, you can feel a reduction of stress. You may feel empowered, motivated and energised to make any changes required to reach your potential.
Benefits of Kinesiology Touch for Health:
- Develop personal awareness and clarify your personal goals and motivation
- Clear mental, emotional, physical and energetic blocks
- Increase your energy, your vitality and your concentration
- Relieve pain and release tension headaches, backaches, stomach aches
- Release mental and emotional stress
- Enhance health and wellness and help prevent disease and injury
- Enhanced brain function and improved co-ordination, work & sports performance.
- Accelerate recovery from illness and injuries
- Improve performance at work, school and at home, in sports and in relationships
- Improved posture and relief from physical pain and tension
- Relief of stress and day to day stress management strategies
- Identify which foods lower the body’s energies and which ones support and raise the body’s energy
- More confidence and personal motivation
- Balance your energy flow to enhance your personal bests, achieve more consistent and frequent peak performance, reach your life goals, and enjoy life to the fullest
- Assistance to change attitudes, set and achieve personal goals