Swedish Massage Therapy is the most well-known and widely practiced type of therapeutic massage, and for good reason. This type of massage focuses on muscle relaxation, and increasing blood circulation.
Massage works to relax tight and stressed muscles and fascia throughout the body. Whether you need to: unwind, de-stress, are desk-bound, feeling tight, or an athlete in need of some post work-out relaxation, we have a massage for you. Targeting areas of muscular tension, knots, bands of tightness and stressed areas.
The Mind-Body Connection
Unobstructed blood flow and lymphatic system drainage are a key to maintaining the body’s defences against illness. Focused on overall wellbeing, Swedish massage is a more physical approach to easing bodily pain and relieving physical and mental stress and tension. If you seek ultimate bliss and relaxation, Swedish massage is the answer, thanks to its ability to relax both the body and the mind. A connection between your mind is essential for maintaining better physical health.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
From mild to moderate and deeper strokes, this kind of specialised massage therapy gives you healing touches on different parts of the body for maximal pain relief and relaxation. The therapy focuses on tissues and muscles to release tension while targeting pain, stress, and stiffness:
- Reduction in muscle spasm, pain and tension
- Reduction of swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid in the tissues
- Release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers
- Improved blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to remove toxins from the body
- Improved mobility & flexibility, and improved immune system
- Improved oxygen supply throughout the body
- Rehabilitation for muscle injuries
- Relaxation and therefore reduction in stress and anxiety
- Balancing the overall flow of natural life energy through the body
- Boost immune functioning
- Inducing a feeling of well-being through the comfort of human touch
We offer the following Massages:
- Full Body Massage
- Back, Shoulder & Neck Massage